Saturday, November 21, 2009

A Sunny Saturday Morning to Find Critters

I opened the door this morning to see what I could see, and was surprised at how warm it felt, even though it was in the lower 40s. I decided to get my camera to see if I could find any wildlife, as I hadn't gotten any photos this week. As I was walking to my veggie garden, I saw the light chested squirrel across the street, and used my zoom to get some pics.




As I walked into the garden, I scared up a dove, which perched on a wire, so I was able to take a few photos before it flew off. The one of it looking back at me didn't turn out because I didn't hold the camera still.



Some sparrows flew around at my arrival, too, landing here and there to get away from me. This is my neighbor's bush.



When I walked to my garden across the street, I saw the squirrel near the trellis, and went there first before looking for birds.



I took lots of photos of branches before getting a few of a blue jay. They aren't the best photos, but I was tickled to have captured them, as the jay was trying to avoid getting its photo taken.




I also saw a bird with the coloring of a woodpecker I've seen around, but it flew off too quickly for me.


To see more Camera Critters, or to find out how to link yours, click on the button in the sidebar.

20 comments:

  1. I had some doves living here for most of the summer. Their song has such a pretty, haunting melody. Nice photos! I'm sitting here, trying to decide what to do on this Saturday afternoon. Perhaps a hike is in order...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Setting out on a lovely morning with your camera to meet wildlife and finding a squirrel - what a great start to a day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessed morning, I'm enchanted by that beautiful squirrel!
    happy camera critters
    purrs
    Luna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture of the squirrel sitting up clasping its hands and the one of the squirrel carrying a nut in its mouth. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't tell, but it looks like that squirrel has it's arms crossed. Cute!

    I love that photo of the bird on your neighbor's bush.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely collection of animals around your home this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have some lovely critters visiting your lovely garden!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Thanks for popping over to comment on Joanne's Cottage garden. I am very behind with blogging at present with so much happening with Lyme Disease,and will be away for a week but look forward to seeing more of your blog when I return.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you got great ones - Was Heidi with you ??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sue squirrels are always so co-operative......I love his bushy tail and it is a lovely colour.

    Blue jays are beautiful, I have seen them on other blogs.....they are very similar to our jay (and I still cannot get a photograph of mine) well done you.......

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for visiting, Sue! I'm way behind in my blog-reading and commenting but making an effort to catch up some tonight. LOVE the photos of the wildlife in your corner garden. And don't tell anyone but I LOVE blue jays.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Sue, Just read your latest two posts. Can't believe how many veggies/herbs you still have. My November harvest was pathetic as you'll see when you visit my blog. However, I still have plenty of critters. I need to do a walk with my camera, too. Great posts. Thanks. Pamela.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your garden looks wonderful. A corner garden.....perfect from all angles.

    I am looking forward to seeing it in the spring. Can't wait.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great critter shots. I love the squirrels. They are so cute and playful. Of course they are little beasts in the bird feeders but still pretty darn cute. The doves are a wonderful sound to hear aren't they. I have a little family that lives in our garden and I love the sound they make. I just hope I don't end up with something out of a Hitchcock movie. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sue - I enjoy your Blog - You have a Best Blog Award on my site - Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sue: Fun shots of the critters around your home.

    ReplyDelete
  17. simply beautifully captured shots...lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great photos, Sue! I've noticed the birds and squirrels have been very busy around here lately, too, perhaps checking out where they want to spend the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Morning doves and the soft cooing noise that they make.

    I had no Idea that they liked thistle seeds until I put some out last winter for my yellow finches.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments and questions from anyone, including those who do it anonymously. Some people find my posts by doing searches, and I like hearing from them. I guess spammers won't even read this message, but I will delete spam as soon as I see it.