Thursday, November 12, 2009

Blooming Friday 11/13/09

Katarina, from Roses and Stuff, the host of Blooming Friday, has chosen, "Winter Time Storage" for this week's theme, but always invites garden bloggers to post whatever blooms they want to. I decided to combine some previous themes this time.

I was "surprised" a couple days ago when my eyes landed on a spot of color on the trellis of the deck. Most of the clematis had turned brown due to the cold temps.



So, even though the "season appeared to be over", there were a couple blooms, and a few more buds. The weather is about to turn cold again, so the new buds may not get a chance to open.



Another previous theme was about the beauty of spent flowers. These seed heads are from the same vine as the blooms.


Oops, I forgot this is also a post for Tootsie's Fertilizer Friday. Check out her entry, and those who have flowers that have linked to her site. She has photos of her yard and greenhouses from different dates. I have more flowers blooming that I plan to show for GBBD. Enjoy your weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Hi Sue~~ I've got Clematis blooming too but temps here are fairly mild. It's always fun to find a flower during the off seasons, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was amazed, too, to find a clematis bloom a few weeks ago. But I think my plant has definitely been hit by the frost now--no more blooms until next spring. I'm still trying to figure out what I'll have to show for Bloom Day:)

    Thanks for posting the photos of the Toadflax, "Butter and Eggs." Someone on a UK blog showed these one time, and I didn't want to ask what butter and eggs were:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clematis seems to be a hardy plant. It is still giving out surprises to gardeners. The seed heads looks so 'pregnant' which promises lots of babies for next season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My clematis is pretty much done but I am AMAZED to see that some of the pincushion flowers are still blooming - in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is trying so hard to hold on isn't she?
    Happy Friday Dear Garden Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. completes the story my morning glories did not come up - some grass seed no glories sigh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Clematis ia a beautiful color. The seedheads are so decorative too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice Clematis to give you another surprise bloom. I've got a few older ones still hanging on on 'Josephine'.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoy your header photos... and Heidi is always right there, greeting us! You recovered so well from the street construction. :-) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The seed heads are as interesting as the flower is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a nice thing to see amongst the fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful treat to see some color hanging on this late in the season. It is amazing considering the weather you have had there would be this bloom let alone new buds. Even if they don't open just that they are there is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments and questions from anyone, including those who do it anonymously. Some people find my posts by doing searches, and I like hearing from them. I guess spammers won't even read this message, but I will delete spam as soon as I see it.