Thursday, April 29, 2010

Friday Blooms

At this point, it's been quite fun having new blooms opening every few days.  I am once again linking in to Tootsie's Fertilizer Friday/Flaunt your Flowers.  Her link is in my sidebar.

I'm tickled to have more iris blooming.  This is one my daughter-in-law gave me last summer.


I love the color given by the tulips in my newest planting area, even though they are about finished.  I like the way I planted groups of 3 daylilies, then put a tulip in the middle of each group.  By the time the tulip foliage is faded, the daylilies will take up the space nicely.


I've shown a close up of this perennial geranium, but now that it's full, I want to show it, because I think this is my favorite geranium right now.  I figured out the name is Geranium phaeum 'Samobor' when I saw it at a plant sale last week.  I probably got it from the same sale last year.


Several coral bells are starting to bloom, but I couldn't get a good photo of them.


I am enjoying the combination of the creeping phlox, woodland phlox, sweet woodruff, the seedheads forming on the pasque flowers, and the green of plants not yet blooming.


Here's a closer vew of the blooms and seedheads of the pasque flowers.


I was thinking this plant was called water spot, but didn't find it when I did a search.  I'll have to ask the friend who gave it to me a couple years ago.


This is what the leaves and unopened flowers look like.  Can you see why it has a name that's something like water spot?


The lovage blooms are filling out nicely.


This is the first columbine to bloom this year.  It is one that I transplanted from a spot I didn't want it a few weeks ago.  I'll have to deadhead it so the roots can develop more so it can live over the winter.


This is the first allium to open.  Well, it's almost open!


I love the scent of stocks, and usually buy them as plants.


I can't remember who asked me how I like the scent of the Mohawk viburnum blooms.  I went out and put my nose right up to them, and found they did not have a very nice odor.   They didn't last so long, either.  The berries will look nice if I keep them this year.  I may cut them off, because the stem they are on is taller than the rest on the plant.


Hey, Tootsie, I figured out I need to just put a link to my blog on your post, because last week, I ended up reposting the link to my April 8th post.  LOL  Have a great weekend everyone!

13 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures of your flovers. Have a nice weekend./Gela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great color Iris. Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love that idea of planting groups of 3 daylilies, then put a tulip in the middle of each group. Sometimes that tulips take so long to die back, that way you don't see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgous flowers. Exciting to see the alliums open! They are some of my favorites. I also love the "water spot." Looks like fireworks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos Sue, it's lovely to see it all blooming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! I can't wait for more things to bloom around my neck of the wood!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden is really looking pretty! You have such an interesting combination of flowers and do a wonderful photgraphing them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue, I love your variety! My viburnum has a little fragrance...not pleasant to my nose.

    Much prefer the scent of the Amur Maple that is blooming right now.

    I like the mystery plant, water spot, be sure and tell us what it is when you find out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is my favorite time of the year, on any given day there is something new opening. That is a nice color on that first Iris, very unusual. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - you sure have a lot blooming already. It all looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything is gorgeous, I especially like the allium photo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I planted daylilies in my daffodil bed and their foliage hides the dying daffodil leaves. Love that peach colored iris.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments and questions from anyone, including those who do it anonymously. Some people find my posts by doing searches, and I like hearing from them. I guess spammers won't even read this message, but I will delete spam as soon as I see it.