Thursday, April 1, 2010

Blooms!

Here is the lone daffodil from a couple mornings ago.


By yesterday morning, the other buds had opened up.  I'm so excited it's spring!  Soon, more in other spots of the yard will be opening, maybe even today!





I have several clumps of chiondoxas in one of my front beds that are blooming.


I need to be deadheading my hellebores and cutting off the old leaves.  I haven't found my plant scissors since everything was moved for the kitchen remodel.  I think I may just buy another pair.  That way, if the others are found, it will be easier to find a pair when I need one.




To see more blooms today and tomorrow, click on Katarina's Blooming Friday or Tootsie's Fertilizer Friday buttons in my sidebar.

13 comments:

  1. Hurray for blooms! We're going to make it, Sue. We really are. Happy blooms, happy finally-out-of-Farch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there any better sight than the first blooms of spring? I don't think so! Can't wait for mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love SPRING! It just makes you feel good to be outside and enjoying the sunshine. Thanks for sharing your flower, it is some much fun to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great!
    I buy new shears, hose nozzles, and gloves all the time. and still I loose them. I wish they would sell multi-packs of each of these things at costco.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's such a momentous day when the daffodil start blooming. Mine are finally blooming too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think anything says "spring" as well as blooming daffodils do. With the warm weather, I am looking forward to seeing what other flowers pop their head up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how happy we all are now spring is here. Just added Chiondoxas to my list of bulbs to purchase this fall ... so pretty! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are beautiful photos Sue! It's always nice to see signs of early blooms, at last Spring is here. We were also wandering the garden last week and found the plants and trees coming to life again. It was a great sight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are beautiful photos Sue! It's always nice to see signs of early blooms, at last Spring is here. We were also wandering the garden last week and found the plants and trees coming to life again. It was a great sight.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos! I saw the other post before I saw these. I bet you were excited to see that first daffodil :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't it just wonderful to see life emerging from the ground? I predict it's going to be a nice spring.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments and questions from anyone, including those who do it anonymously. Some people find my posts by doing searches, and I like hearing from them. I guess spammers won't even read this message, but I will delete spam as soon as I see it.