Thursday, June 25, 2009

Pictures Taken for SkyWatch Friday from York, NE

My brother-in-law traded his vehicle in for another, and I decided to buy it to avoid having to pay to get my breaks worked on on my 1994 van. York is about an hour from where I live, so Saturday, I took my camera in tow to get some sky pics.






This is what is across the street:



This is behind the dealership.






This is the owner, Steve Moses, visiting with his cousin, my husband, as he was waiting for me to finish taking pictures, so we could go home. On Monday, there was a severe storm with hail. The crops and the cars were damaged, but my van was spared because it was in the detail shop. (Behind the van is the 2005 Ford Escape I bought. I had planned on getting something smaller, but with my gardening and grandson, it will be a good vehicle for me.



We stopped for lunch a short drive away. There is another farm field on the other side of the motel.



This is also near the motel. Another shot had both the "balloon" and motel in it.


For more skies from all over the world, or to find out how to post yours, go to the SkyWatchFriday blog. I am about to be #211 on the list!

7 comments:

  1. Great variety of skywatch shots, I like them all.

    Have a nice weekend
    Guy
    Regina In Pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice series of photos, I love the fire hydrant.

    SQ

    ReplyDelete
  3. The corn and the vast sky are quintessential Nebraska! gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. hard to believe you had severe weather in the middle of this heat wave...my gosh.
    great shots.
    have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue, happy skywatching;) Love the photo with the balloon, they are so pretty. We used to have lots of them flying over but I seldom see them anymore. My collie used to run around barking at them.
    Marnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice pics and I'm glad you are happy with your purchase. Our time there has been very regretful. On June 16th after dealing with the worst high pressure deceptive salesman (Kelley)at Moses Motors in York,Nebraska we ended up with a car not as described. We were very happy with our 2007 HHR and 2002 Kia which both got traded. We went to York for other reasons and only stopped at the dealer because of a contest they had going on that day. We ended up spending the entire day there (morning though afternoon) because they kept saying they could get us better deal on a Certified Preowned Ford and actually lower our payments on a newer car. We didn't get to eat all day and every time we went to leave they would have us wait saying they were working up more figures and disappearing into one of the offices. We finally gave into their dickering but ended up with payment over $100 more and as it later turned out a car not as described.
    The big advantage the new car had versus the old was Multi-Disk Cd with Blue Tooth and SIRIUS Satellite Radio which according to the salesman it had. We did not have the time to try and set it up with the phone or check out the multi Cd option for several days after bringing it home. I had it at work, so it was gone 5AM to 7PM June 17th through June 21st. On the 22nd Gary (husband) read through the owners manual to see how to set up phone and load Cds and discovered we had a single Cd player with no options. Contact was made to MOSES MOTOR CO. on June 21 and 22nd, but General Manager so far refuses to honor what their salesman had informed us before sale and put in correct CD player or get vehicle AS Described. This vehicle also has a headlight that has moisture and finger prints inside of lens that there service department said was factory defective, but they did not change it. Vehicle was driven all the way back to Moses Motors on 6/27 so Dan Clausen could look at it and see it does not have multi-disk CD player or Blue Tooth.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments and questions from anyone, including those who do it anonymously. Some people find my posts by doing searches, and I like hearing from them. I guess spammers won't even read this message, but I will delete spam as soon as I see it.