Thursday, February 11, 2010

More Kitchen Plans Received

We finally have our appliances picked out, and are switching from an electric to a gas range.  We are getting all white appliances, and the knobs are going to be different from these, as these were the first drawings, or whatever they are called.  

There is an added cupboard above the refrigerator, and farther out from the original ones, to go above and next to where the dishwasher will be built in.  There is a corner cupboard to the left of the sink.  The range is moved over from right next to the door, and a counter will be on each side of it, and I'm going to enjoy the microwave above the range.




Our back door is white, but I like the look of the darker stained one in the picture.




The door on the right above is a bifold door that leads to the rest of the house.  I still don't have a photo of the 6 foot cupboard on the south wall, probably because it is going to be different from the original one.  It will have five 6 feet shelves, 12 inches deep, on an adjustable track system, as I requested.  

Now that the appliances and above the sink light are picked out, I hope to have more time to read blogs in between the cleaning I need to do to find places to put things while the work is being done.  Also, we are turning the first floor computer room into a play room for our grandson.  I am hoping all this activity will make the rest of winter go by quickly.

I hope your winter is going by quickly, and for those who have all that snow, that you're able to dig out soon. I hope it melts quickly, but not so much that it causes flooding.

12 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see real live pics! You must be so excited. I'd be walking past the kitchen all day just to take a little looksy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks very good, Sue. Just one comment. Are you having under-cabinet lighting under each cabinet? I didn't have it in the corners and wish I had. I can have it corrected and hope to do it before long. I would want the entire counter top well lit if possible.

    Anxiously awaiting the new kitchen and your things moved back in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving your new kitchen plans and can hardly wait to see the pictures. I'm sure you are excited and anxious to have this all done. It sounds like you have plenty to do while waiting for spring. Enjoy the whole process. It will feel like a whole new home with rearranging and new kitchen.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kitchen plans look wonderful. A few months ago I was doing the same thing. Everything looks great, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for keeping us "in the know!" You are having a great time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The plans look great. I know you are excited to have a built in dishwasher!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a treat to have a new kitchen~~I'm saving for one. gail

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like your kitchen is going to be wonderful....I bet you are so excited!! I, too, have been through a kitchen remodel. Just remember...the moving of things around and little inconveniences will all be worth it in the end. This project should most certainly help time fly faster! Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks wonderful Sue! I like the cabinetry and the wall color. You'll love having a gas range too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sue you are going to love your new kitchen and gas! We added propane to our total electric home (no natural gas available) a year ago, and my electric burner has never been turned on again. Good job. Happy V-day. Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to see your new kitchen when it's done!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments and questions from anyone, including those who do it anonymously. Some people find my posts by doing searches, and I like hearing from them. I guess spammers won't even read this message, but I will delete spam as soon as I see it.