Saturday, November 14, 2009

A Hiding Rabbit and Heidi for CC

In a recent Camera Critter post, I showed a squirrel hiding behind some plants. Well, the other day, I scared up a rabbit while looking at the veggie garden, and it ran to this spot where it either thought or hoped I wouldn't see it. I stayed put and used the zoom, then slowly got closer and closer.



This is the last shot I got before it bolted again.



I guess the neighbors' chain link fence is better protection than plants, but I was able to get a couple more photos before it went off to find a safer place to munch.


Heidi and I have been enjoying the mild temps, even though we've had things come up that have prevented me from being in the garden as much as I'd like. Still, when she sees me with my camera, she's ready to go out.


I have seen squirrels running around this week, and I'm still seeing and hearing birds, but not as many. There were a bunch of birds flying this afternoon, but I couldn't get a good photo of them. I was hearing crows, but the birds were too high for me to tell if it was them making the noise.

To see more critters, click on the Camera Critters button in the sidebar.

15 comments:

  1. I've got a rabbit hunkered down in some 'October Skies' Aster that I always startle, and often forget about. And I have tons of mice. Yesterday, 6 robins where at my small ubbler fountain bathing and drinking and fighting off one another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Bunnies, even the wild ones are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Bunnies, even the wild ones are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know the rabbits are annoying to gardeners that have to deal with them, but I think they are so cute. We've still been seeing lots of birds and squirrels around here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, Sue, I say who needs the squirrels and birds when you've got such a sweet, charming visitor to capture on camera? Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cure rabbit!
    We usually see them in winter, when there is snow and they are coming out of the woods looking for food.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll take Heidi pictures every day what a love!! great hiding picture that first one !!sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet bunny. I get quite a few of them in my garden but they don't hold still long enough for me to get a good photo! Yours is great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Sue, the bunny would surely come back and pose if she knew all of us were ooh-aahing over her! Cute pics ;)
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the rabbits' ears. :) Heidi looks like she's ready to go somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the bunnies. Unfortunately so does my very successful hunting malamute. sigh. I have not had the pleasure of finding the little fluff balls in my garden eating my plants so my childlike affection is intact. That is very cute about Heidi and the camera. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm always thrilled when I happen upon a bunny on my walks and usually they stay still while I tell them how beautiful they are.
    Love the last photo with Heidi.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I love seeing your garden! This is really special because my husband's dad is from Nebraska, and a lot of the family is still there. This is a great connection!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments and questions from anyone, including those who do it anonymously. Some people find my posts by doing searches, and I like hearing from them. I guess spammers won't even read this message, but I will delete spam as soon as I see it.