Thursday, November 26, 2009

Blooming Friday 11/27/09

Katarina, at Roses and Stuff hosts Blooming Friday, and today has started her season of showing indoor blooms, but has also asked us what we are feasting our eyes on. I have so much blooming later than I can recall, that I thought I'd go ahead and post photos of them, even though most of them were blooming for other posts. I am not going to label all of the plants, because our grandson is spending the night, and I have stayed up too late as he sleeps beside me, and if he wakes up early, I need to be ready to get up.

The first several photos were taken Wednesday, and the rest, Thursday during a break from cooking, while I was giving Heidi a chance to run around before being left.

The star of the show has to be the sweet pea from Botanical Seeds. I've said the name of it before, but can't think of it now. There are several colors, and they have been blooming, I think since late spring. I almost pulled them when the hot weather stressed them, but didn't, because they were still blooming.


Bidens:

I forgot which kind of lavender:



I am no longer a strawflower "snob" who tells people they should be pulling the blooms off to dry before they get to this stage. I have really enjoyed the several colors I have, and the statice as well.





Knautia:



Jupiter's Beard blooms most of the summer, and is still producing.







These stocks have been awesome, too, blooming since late spring.






This was the first year I had reblooming irises. This one is determined to finish, but the cold night temps are causing it problems.



I do have a couple new blooms inside on African violet plants that almost died a few weeks ago, when they got too dry. Now that I'm doing a better job watering, they are starting to bloom again.



Have a great weekend! Tootsie, from Tootsie Time is taking a break this week from Fertilizer Friday for the U.S. bloggers who celebrate Thanksgiving. I did a pretty good job of not overeating, but ate my chocolate when I sat down to put this post together, so I've consumed plenty today.

14 comments:

  1. How wonderful to have so many flowers still blooming in your garden. And so beatiful too. Thank you for sharing, Have a nice week end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyone who manages to have pretty blooms in November gets my vote. Sue, hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day with your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a fine selection of flowers for November. Amazing how they keep hanging on as long as possible!
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely sight, so many colors in the garden!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you still have some lovelies growing in your gardens. I think my favorite are the sweetpeas. Love those African Violets too.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your gardens have 'staying power.' Just lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your strawflowers and sweet peas. So Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Must plant sweet peas. Must plant sweet peas. Lots still blooming there. Is snow on the way? We are anticipating a freeze, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You still have so much to enjoy in your garden. Sweet peas at this time of year are a real bonus.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember the snow you got - and it amazes me that your garden is still showing off so much colour! Wow!
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful blooms for November....

    I love stocks, I do envy you still having those around.

    Just out of interest what are your daytime temperatures??

    Have a lovely time with your little Grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sue! I cannot believe you still have things blooming outdoors! I picked my last 'Fanfare' Gaillardia the other day... with a few mallow flowers. It made a sweet little bouquet. Your African Violets look great! (Here we are again... I've just posted about them!) ha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the straw flowers, Sue. Indeed impressed your garden has not gone completely to bed ;)
    Have fun with the little one!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments and questions from anyone, including those who do it anonymously. Some people find my posts by doing searches, and I like hearing from them. I guess spammers won't even read this message, but I will delete spam as soon as I see it.