Saturday, August 8, 2009

A Squirrel, and a Couple Birds for CC

I saw a squirrel on this post at my garden across the street the other day, but didn't have my camera with me. A couple days ago, I did, and took photos from far away first, using my zoom, to be sure to get some photos before it decided to leave. There is a walnut tree above, so I think that's what it was eating. I was thinking about putting a bird house on this post.



Here's where it decided to leave, as I was getting too close.



This female cardinal didn't pose for me, so this is the only shot I was able to get of it.



This is back home from a different day. It's not only robins that like to perch here. The blue jay didn't stick around for me to get a good photo, either. (If the photo is seen larger, you can see that the vine on the left is the clematis I've shown blooms of, and the one on the right, which is now into the space of the clematis, is a passion vine that hasn't bloomed yet.)


To see more camera critters or to find out how to post yours, please click on the icon in my sidebar. Have a great weekend!

13 comments:

  1. Hi Sue,
    These little critters are cute, I always have mixed feelings with chipmunks nd squirrels. They can be so damaging, yet very entertaining to watch. Yesterday I heard a tearing sound up in the woods behind our house. I thought," great, what now?" It was a giant squirrel ripping the fabric off some pillows on an old hammock. It was stuffing the fabric in it's mouth. It ran away pretty fast when it saw me though.
    I may post a video on my blog if I can get it to work right. My daughter is the queen of editing, so I usually ask her.
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
    Rosey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue,
    Thanks a million for helping me figure out the mystery purple plant. A couple of years ago I planted from seed some herbs and never kept a record. (yep, that's my way.) I planted Motherwart, and Hyssop, for some reason I thought I would do something great with them. So it is Hyssop and I am glad you could figure it out from my lousy picture!
    Rosey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great critter pictures Sue. I just love your header picture. Your garden is really lovely.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue! Your squirrels have much more red then ours do, but i imagine they are just as naughty! The garden header is wonderful! gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are great, loved the squirrel on top of your post but it's always enjoyable to see bird photos also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shots! I do the same thing - start taking photos from far away and slowly get closer... just in case they decide to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  7. fantastic shot of a squirrel and the birds are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute! The squirrels there look quite a bit different from the gray squirrels we have here, although I'm sure they get into the same trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That squirrel is so cute. If that's his perch you might have to put your birdhouse elsewhere.

    My first Critters, nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you do put a bird house on the post, don't be surprised if you see the squirrel perched on it and the corners chewed off. It is a cute little bugger.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments and questions from anyone, including those who do it anonymously. Some people find my posts by doing searches, and I like hearing from them. I guess spammers won't even read this message, but I will delete spam as soon as I see it.