Thursday, August 6, 2009

Blooming Friday 8/6/09

This is a dahlia I planted a little past the date on the package, as I had lost it for awhile. This, the first bloom, just opened yesterday. I am quite pleased with it. (Remember, you can make whatever blog you are reading, including yours, larger, by clicking the command key with the "+" sign. Each time you click on the plus sign, it will get even larger, and you can see more details in the photos.)



I got this iris last summer on the 75% off table at a local garden center. I think it was a German iris. I need to learn more about them. I don't know if this is blooming when it's supposed to, long after the other irises are finished, or if it was delayed for some reason. It sure is pretty! It just opened this morning, and I dashed right out to take photos.



This zebrina mallow is from the seeds self planted from the one plant I got from a friend last year. It's blooming shorter than last year.



The butterfly bush is huge this year! It was teasing with closed buds for awhile, but they are now opening.


This is the compost pile in my garden across the street. I don't know how this blue morning glory got started here, but I've seen a few of the light blue ones here and there, too.



The bush cucumbers are full of blooms.



This is eenie allegro, one of the daylilies I purchased yesterday for half off. I plan to put them in the expanded area by the curb that we will have after the curb work is finished. I got some other plants for the area, also.



I've shown one of these that I think came from the tie die morning glories. I thought these were pretty enough for another look.



The other morning glories are up to the top of the light Larry's dad installed when he lived here.



The hibiscuses behind the garage are loaded, as usual.



I'm tickled the larkspur is still growing with the four o' clocks at the entrance to the veggie garden.



These are the blooms our daughter, who is a floral designer, made and had sent to us yesterday for our 37th wedding anniversary.


Check out Katarina's ad free blog, Roses and Stuff, to see more blooms or find out how to join in Blooming Friday. (My SkyWatch Friday post is on my other blog, Keeping My Branch Connected to the Vine.)

20 comments:

  1. Summer's always a delight, ain't it, Sue? Ahhh! The flowers are so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on Eastern Standard Time so I should be sleeping right now. Instead, I saw that you had just posted, so I just had to take a look. As always, your gardens are bountiful and beautiful. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversery!!!
    Beautiful flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary Sue! Your flowers are always such a delight! And so many beautiful ones.... I like your daughter's gift too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallo! You have so many beautiful flowers in your garden. /Anette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful flower pictures. But most of all I love the Hibiscus. I really envy you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden are a big area an you have so many diffrent flowers. The blue flower who found for themselves is beautiful and it will surely spread. Hibiscus on the backyard has a beautiful pink color. I like all your flowers. /Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue yo have so many gorgeous flowers on the go .. my sunflowers didn't do anything this year .. I guess they were too crowded with other plants near by .. I love Zebrina .. I miss having it this year.
    Everything is looking great in your garden girl : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your morning glories look so nice. The Japanese beetles have eaten the foliage on mine and they look awful. Love the Zebrina. I've seen it in a few gardens around here and it always looks so pretty.

    I believe your iris is Immortality, a white reblooming tall bearded iris. It blooms in the spring and then again late in the summer. I have several and love them (altho the beetles eat the summer blooms).
    Marnie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I forgot to wish you a happy anniversary--and many more to follow;) Such a pretty flower arrangement your daughter sent.
    Marnie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sue,
    maybe that Iris is one of those repeat bloomers? I have always wanted one, if you have it, count yourself blessed! Pretty flowers!
    Rosey

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm jealous of your reblooming iris! Last year Harvest of Memories rebloomed for me, but it's probably way too early (and hot) yet. Your white iris is probably Immortality.

    Love the coloring of Eenie Allegro. Your daughter sent a gorgeous bouquet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely pictures. I particularly like the Morning Glories as they are one of my favourite flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your morning glories are beautiful. I love morning glories, but the rabbits loved them more this year. Oh well, maybe next year! Great post! I love your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful iris and dahlia and blooms! I had some bargain irises last summer that bloomed this time, but not this year so I think it may be the stress? Or maybe you have a rebloomer? It sure is pretty like you said!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy anniversary, Sue! 37 years - that's really worth celebrating!
    Your Dahlia is lovely - I'm usually not that keen on Dahlias, but this one I liked a lot! And the iris is very pretty too - as are all your other plants.
    Katarina

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful selection! So many varieties, I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your flowers are so beautiful and refreshing. Truly admire all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a clever trick to make the page larger. Thanks for the tip! I can't believe you have morning glories in a compost pile! I had to grow them in a greenhouse to have any luck!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments and questions from anyone, including those who do it anonymously. Some people find my posts by doing searches, and I like hearing from them. I guess spammers won't even read this message, but I will delete spam as soon as I see it.