Thursday, July 30, 2009

Blooming Friday Collages

Blooming Friday is hosted by Katarina at Roses and Stuff. Check it out to see what's blooming other places or to see how to add your blooms. If you scroll down, you'll see my SkyWatch post.

Rio Rose Purslane, Sweet Dreams Tickseed, dahlia from a mix, Orange Perfection Phlox, an aster, I think, and the lovely Black Knight Butterfly Bush:



The celosias from the seeds my neighbor gave me are finally growing and I love the blooms! Harvest Moon Coneflowers are continuing to bloom, and I recently added this Ruby Tuesday Helenium that I need to cut back as soon as it finishes blooming. The photo on the bottom left shows a bit of a different helenium with the giant larkspur I started from seed. I am pleased it is still blooming. There is a small glimpse of pink snapdragons that are doing well, as I keep deadheading them. The last photo shows the white coneflowers that I moved from the front of the house when we put the bed in last year, and the flowers are no longer white, growing next to the Kim's Knee High I planted last year. In between them are a small white volunteer cosmos, a tall zinnia you can't see the top of, and in the background are a foxglove that is almost finished blooming, and some tall iris.



I planted several delphiniums last year, and 2 came back. This one is on its second flush of blooms. The other is struggling right now. Next are Butterfly Red Starflower (pentas), Landmark citris (I think) lantana, and a perennial I need to come back and write when the name comes to my brain. (It's Friday, 6:11 p.m. and I was just looking at some photos in my iphoto library, and saw one of this last flower, and the name of it came back into my brain! It's gentian, but I don't remember its name. It's growing through a little basket, and I think it looks quite cute in it.)



The phlox is a passalong. I had to include a couple of the last to be finished day lilies, the Shopko Red, and the yellow one I rescued from being dug under. The liatris, Rough Blazing Star, I'm pretty sure, is one of my favorites. The last one is from Larry's trough planter, and may be an ice plant. It just opened today.


14 comments:

  1. You have a lot of lovely flowers for Blooming Friday! I really like the red Sneezeweed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these collages you make!
    Was it hard to learn how to make these? I do a lot of scrapbooks with this collage layout, it is fabu!
    Pretty lilies, blooming like nobody's business.
    Rosey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty collages! I really like the Harvest Moon, I'm going to try to find that one. Your garden is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for a beautiful collage of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a very creative way to present your lovely blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An overwheling flowershow, colourfull and bright :) I like your Landark Citrus Lantana, but is it an annual or perennial plant? Have to look it up ..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many beautiful flowers. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice collage Sue! all your flowers are so pretty. You should join Fertilizer Fridays at Tootsie Time and flaunt your flowers.
    Every Friday we post what is blooming in our garden and what fertilizers we use.

    -Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a beautiful selection of flowers, so many colours. It was a pleasure looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had meant to look for the red helenium this spring and forgot. Yours look great. The new coneflower cultivars look nice. I looked at Kim's Knee High and didnt' get it. Maybe I should reconsider. The smaller size would work better for me.
    Marnie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sue, I have been learning so much from your blog. Thanks for all the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Last year I made my self a calendar with pockets for notes and bills where yo u put in your own pictures and the following winter there they are- I was just thinking how marvelous this would be in January to look at these on your own home made calendar./sk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sue and thanks for a beautiful and colourful display of flowers!
    Katarina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for all the comments. I answered questions on the commenters' blogs. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments and questions from anyone, including those who do it anonymously. Some people find my posts by doing searches, and I like hearing from them. I guess spammers won't even read this message, but I will delete spam as soon as I see it.