Friday, July 17, 2009

One More Bloom for Blooming Friday!

I noticed this hibiscus's first bloom of the season part way through the day. It's been a busy one. The friend who called awhile back to tell us about the irises in the dumpster of the sorority she was in, called today to say they had extra mulch, so we made a couple trips, and I got some of it spread around today.

When we first moved here, there weren't any flower beds, but we had this space between the back of our garage/carport and our next door neighbor's yard, about 2 1/2 feet wide. Larry wanted different kinds of grass in there, but I insisted on some flowers as well. We found both at a grocery store's garden area. It's really too small a space, and I've pulled out some of the grass that kept spreading into the neighbor's yard. The only time we see these flowers is when we walk out the back door. They are on the other side of the fence that encloses my herb garden. I chose the photo that shows lots of flower buds.


Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Oh so awesome! Mine is about ready to open. Maybe tomorrow! I just love this flower so much!!! I feel like I am somewhere tropical when they are blooming! What a lovely picture!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very pretty! I've never planted a hibiscus...but looking at yours, I can't imagine why not! Its gorgeous;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a stunning hibiscus!
    Katarina

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Hibiscus like this,(white) I have 4, are almost finished. They sure did put on a great showing this year! I love the pink tint of this one, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue~~ It took me many years of gardening to realize that some species of Hibiscus are actually frost hardy. Then it was like, duh, I'm headed to the nursery! Your blossom is breathtaking. Isn't gardening fun when we can go outside and always see something new?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous bloom! Is it Luna Blush?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comments. I really am forgetful, but have noticed there are 2 plants of this, and I'm pretty sure I just planted 1. They are not in the best place, between the back of the carport and our next door neighbor's fence, and I'm thinking I may try to move 1 of them in the spring.

    I lost the tag long ago, but when I looked at images of Luna Blush, I thought this could be what I have. Yes, there are still new things blooming each day, and it is fun!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments and questions from anyone, including those who do it anonymously. Some people find my posts by doing searches, and I like hearing from them. I guess spammers won't even read this message, but I will delete spam as soon as I see it.