Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Mountain Mints

There are several kinds of mountain mints, and I seem to have a collection of a number of them.  It has been amazing to go out and see what all insects are feeding from the blooms all day long! 

The first four photos are narrowleaf mountain mint.  It isn't getting as many visitors as the others, but maybe it is because the area is more shaded.





The next four are the mountain mint next to the front walk that probably gets the most pollinators on it.  I asked our five year old granddaughter to come see all of the different insects on these blooms today, and explained that if she doesn't try to touch them, she can watch them, and they won't sting her.  She asked if she could talk to them, and she said something very sweet to them.  I told her they didn't know what she was saying, though.  Then we went to other parts of the yard to see the bees, butterflies and such.





The rest of these are short-toothed mountain mint.





I have a couple more kinds, but didn't get photos of them into the post. I hope to do another post showing those.

3 comments:

  1. What a nice collection of mints. Long time no see. Hope you are doing well. ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I know they're favorites with pollinators, and you've really documented how that is the case. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your posts are always enjoyed. Thanks for sharing your garden.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments and questions from anyone, including those who do it anonymously. Some people find my posts by doing searches, and I like hearing from them. I guess spammers won't even read this message, but I will delete spam as soon as I see it.