Saturday, July 3, 2010

Critters for Saturday

It's Saturday, time for Camera Critters, hosted by Misty Dawn.  The link to CC is in the sidebar, and Misty Dawn is normally the first link there.

The first two photos were taken June 27.  I've seen more katydids than usual.  I keep forgetting to see if they can do damage to the plant.


It's good to see bees out and about.


Friday morning, I looked at the milkweed to see why a couple stems of the milkweed were shriveling, and found something that made me run in for my camera.  Can you see it?


When I went to look later in the evening, the monarch caterpillar was gone.  I hope it is a chrysalis somewhere, and not being digested by a bird.


I went to spend my "July Fun Money" at a garden center, and ended up buying some plants to fill in some holes instead of some yard art I'd thought about getting.  As soon as I planted this Veronica, 'First Love' Thursday evening, a bee lighted upon a flower.  This one looked like it was a late sleeper. 


I got real close and took lots of photos, and the bee did not budge.


Later in the day, as I was taking photos of some daylilies by the veggie garden, I heard a bird chirping, looked up, and saw that it was my friend.  I wonder if I should name it.  Any ideas?  (Larry just suggested Robin Hurt Breast".  I think I'd rather keep it shorter."


I'm continuing to see rabbits a lot when I go out, and the squirrels are always around.  I'm starting to see more butterflies, mostly whites, but I need to look up the cute little one I saw across the street yesterday.

Have a fun, safe Fourth of July!

8 comments:

  1. Love the robin, as we don't have them where I live. Too hot for 'em I guess. And the tomato worm....ewwwww. That was my job as a kid in my dad's garden, to squish 'em as he never used spray. LOL

    Terrific photo share for us today.

    My CC---She's not a NINJA turtle!! I do hope you can stop by to visit with me.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos today Sue. I love how your robin keeps coming back to visit. (he's so easy to identify, you know it's the same one). Can't really think of a name for him, although Roddy Robin came to mind. Love your bee pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shot of the caterpillar!

    Bees are so adorable and so hard-working - people should love them instead of being afraid of them :)

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the post. I also like how you get me looking at the photo and then show me where to look with the zoomed image. (sort of like a Waldo book!) That poor robin! I hope it'll be OK!

    http://meeyauw.blogspot.com/2010/07/camera-critters-117-tractor-chicken.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a Monarch cat. I had my FIRST Monarch of 2010 fly in today. She's very interested in the milkweed, so I'm hoping for lots of eggs.

    Have a Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful series of critters photos. Love the Monarch Caterpillar and the Robin is cute. Your Coneflowers are beautiful. Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments and questions from anyone, including those who do it anonymously. Some people find my posts by doing searches, and I like hearing from them. I guess spammers won't even read this message, but I will delete spam as soon as I see it.