Sunday, March 15, 2009

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day, March 15, 2009


These photos were taken the 14, because on the 15, I plan to be gardening most of the day.  If my daffodils open up, I'll put them in a new post.  The clump that had buds got some damage from the cold weather.

The crocus are the only blooms so far.  I only have these blooming, as the ones by the curb are covered with leaves.  I always forget when I should move them.  It's nice to have some color by the house, even if it's just a couple clumps.



I forgot what kind of tulips these are, but I have 2 clumps of them.   They were given to me by a couple neighbor friends a few years ago, and are very pretty.  I'll post when they bloom if it's between GBBDs.



Our daughter is a floral designer at a local grocery store.  When we shop there, we stop to tell her "hi" and then I look to see what plants are on sale.  The prices are on the high side, but the sale prices are great.  I got this Christmas cactus shortly after Christmas, and noticed a little pink nub on it, which made me think it was about to bloom.  It has teased awhile, but now it is about to put on a great bloom!



I paid full price for this oxalis, a week ago, but it was so pretty with its pink flowers.  The one that was this color seems to have died out from my green leaved with white flowers one, that is also blooming, but I forgot to take its picture.  


The other African violets I have are doing better than they were for awhile, but are not blooming.  These were on sale a week or 2 ago, at the store my daughter works at.  I really liked the blooms on these.  The herbs to the left were also on sale awhile back, at the same place.


Carol, at May Dreams Gardens sponsors GBBD.  Click to see her post and a list of others. Thanks!

22 comments:

  1. Oxalis! [jumping] Looks cute and not to mention the Crocus. Even if they're the only ones, they steal the show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crocus! That's the one for me. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blooms this month, especially the crocuses

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue .. I love all your blooms .. the purple oxalis is gorgeous ! I have a plain green one but they are so sweet with their tiny flowers : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice photos of your flowers, love the
    Oxalis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue,

    your flowers are so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great color Sue! I like the oxalis very much too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice blooms, Sue!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your day in the garden tomorrow. Sadly we have rain in the forecast,so I will be content to stay indoors and plant some seeds in peat pots.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sue, Aren't crocus wonderful! They are perfect in your garden....and look superb when the photo enlarges! gail

    ReplyDelete
  11. its a joy to see your garden sue. such lovely blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have lots of nice flowers. I really need to plant crocuses this year. I keep seeing them and they are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your crocus are pretty, and I love the oxalis. Pretty soon you'll have more beauties blooming.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  14. you are fortunate to be in the garden, we have had much needed rain for 4 days, the sun is starting to come out this afternoon, but to wet to work outside.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sue~~ How nice that your daughter can keep an eye out for sale items. I have the purple oxalis too. It's supposed to be winter hardy here...we'll see. Love the ruffled edges of the African violet.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need to get some crocus planted in my yard, they're so pretty. I had some once before in the old yard but the neighbor kids came and picked them all.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The crocus are tiny but exquisite. The first spring messengers are always precious. It is great to find some plants at bargain price. Here plants are very expensive too. I gave a lot of cuttings to the people of the Eco Village who are starting gardens and Peter gave them rooted grape cuttings and grafted the Mango Trees. It is good to help out.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Some lovely flowers there Sue. I am most envious of folk who can grow African violets - I always manage to polish them off :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oxalis - and just in time for St. Patty's Day. I'm big with the sale plants as well. The only problem with sale items is that they are often missing tags. I don't always know what I'm buying...that's kind of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an ideal job your daughter has. Love the African violets - these pretty saucers really set them off.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for visiting my blog, Sue. You are way ahead of us! I'm jealous. Cheers, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments and questions from anyone, including those who do it anonymously. Some people find my posts by doing searches, and I like hearing from them. I guess spammers won't even read this message, but I will delete spam as soon as I see it.